1/22/2008

--my impression of EAP--

These days I am always thinking about my first four months in Calgary, this lovey, clean city. Even now, I still feel that it is like a dream. Sometimes, I couldn't believe that I'm here, a totally different place far away from my hometown. (Perhaps I'm still in a dream now~~)

I can remember that when I first arrived here, I was like a lonely bird, no families, no friends, no experience. Fortunately, I attended ESL program on last September. To be honest, I should say that it was a fantastic course for getting fun, but not an ideal course for learning English. We had extra activities every Friday, which attracted me a lot, such as Banff trip, hockey game, museum visiting. It was a good opportunity to make a lot friends coming from different parts of the world. But now most of my ESL friends have gone back to their hometown, so I really missed them.

Then after a short-time rest during the Christmas, our EAP program came. The first thing I should do is to prepare for the placement test in the first week. Though the ESL program was not a perfect place to learn academic English, anyway, I still got benefit from it, especially in writing. So just in my opinion, I thought I did my best in the test. After finishing the test, I thought perhaps I would be in level 2, however, when the result came out, I found my name in the sheet of EAP 3. To tell the truth, it was really a big surprise to me. I hadn't thought about it before, but I felt so excited because that means I can go back to my hometown after this semester and stay there for couple of months---jaja~~, actually that was what I wanted most.

The next week, the course started. It is totally different from ESL. It is more formal and more strict, and also a lot of homework to hand out during this short 3 months. In another word, it is out of my expectation. I can completely feel the fast pace of this course. Sometimes, I felt so tired, but whenever thinking about the trip back to my country after 3 months, I became energetic again.

So, anyway, wish everybody( of course including myself) can pass this semester. We all FIGHTING!!!!!

7 comments:

Fan (*^__^*) said...

missing those crazy guys ...well,you know ,at least we have Murray.

Li said...

ESL? even banfftrip?holly shit~do you need to pay for it? maybe yes....still sounds like a heaven~and..........how many words do you have? such a long blog~~i think it's long enough to make me feel too long to read~~

Jack said...

Hi Lisa, I still remember the first days when I came here, a strange city, a strange circumstance. But now , everything is better and better.
We should try our best to pass EAP III~~~

David Sun said...

your ESL class sounds great. but i was in EAP2 last semester so i can not feel the atmosphere in ESL. NOw we are classmates and nice to see u here! at the very beginning i thought you were a French...amazing hah....?

Nahid said...

Congratulations! Lisa!
Wow! I didn't know! You did skip perfectly by a big jump!

Wish you also more success in this semester!

Have a NICE weekend!
:)

Scott Douglas said...

You should be really proud of yourself getting into EAP 3! Keep up the good work! By the way, can you switch all of the stuff in your blog to English? Cheers.

Anna said...

haha~lovely girl, your blog is in Chinese version.